Pages

Friday 21 December 2012

The End, A Beginning and 7 days


I've just walked out of a movie theater  Fresh with awe and an odd sense of bliss. Often, the story that we tell people is far closer to the truth than that which others perceive to be the truth. The undulating and phosphorescent waves that brought 'The Life of Pi' to the big white screens, transfixed us all and is so exquisitely 'fitting' before my departure that words nigh evade me. Not to mention, of course, the fact that this monumentally transformed piece of literature came to greet our eyes on the day of the 21st December 2012, the End of the Mayan Calender; the end of an age, the powerful introduction of another.

This morning I performed a small ritual surrounded by fynbos, the morning spiders weaving their webs, sunlight scorching me through my silk dress. I said a prayer, I reached out to you my brothers and my sisters and I sent you love. I lit incense. I bowed to the mountains and Mama Gaia.

Rather strangely, on the day I had intended to set aside for quiet meditation, I was thrown into the waters of bureaucracy  Banking here. An injection there. Parking attendants everywhere. However everything flowed like a river of luscious cool water. My parking meter had a 'free' half an hour loaded onto it. As I left the parking spot, I spotted a bakkie laden with rainbow coloured flowers, I laughed and smiled and looked to my left to see that beautiful waiter in his white golf (he had served me a week ago and we had shared secret smiles of attraction). 'Synchronicity..' I giggled and off I went to see my 'integrative doctor'.

Vitamin B injections sting. But good Gods do I feel invincible as a result.

My sister, my dad and I then spent an interesting and profoundly special and relaxing afternoon in a Spa in the mountains of Stellenbosch. All we had sought was cool water to escape the 39 degree Celsius day and we waltzed lavishly (and sneakily) into a well air conditioned hide away where we pretended to be sophisticated in 'spa robes', ate the no-proteins-on-sight-ANYWHERE-lunch and drank the detoxifying juice (much to the disgust of my father's finally tuned pallet ;) [that's for you dad] ). We played in the water and drifted back to old memories of hours in the swimming pool outside when we were younger.

I found a jacaranda tree perfectly positioned on a small mound of grass and I was so delighted that I ran quickly up towards it and plonked myself down into a meditative position with great joy, while my father photographed my glee happily.

'I Choose Love', I kept on whispering throughout the day, 'I Choose Love'.

There are 7 DAYS left until I leave for my Journey and I almost feel ready. I actually hope I don't feel too ready. That would leave no room for surprises. And after all, those are the best moments of any journey.

I'm stocking up on ukulele songs and trying to figure out my G12 Canon Powershot. I'm liaising with Lauren my travel buddy and beautiful friend and saying goodbye to my dad and my family and my friends.

Right-O. This is the beginning. A beautiful sunny summer solstice awaiting all of our ideals to pour out into action :)

[To whoever reads these posts, thank you :) your eyes shifting over my words creates a beautiful silent kind of communication that can never be measured and isn't that a beautiful thing to treasure? Perhaps I'll dance with you soon :) ]

No comments:

Post a Comment